A quick post tonight to share our at-home attempt at the most delicious item of last week's Hu Kitchen adventure: curried sweet potatoes!
Simple to make, especially if you've already prepared a batch of sweet potatoes for the week. The recipe includes many spices commonly found in pantries and takes limited tools to make (food processor, knife, spoon... you're good to go!). Enjoy this on its own or as a side. We combined this with grilled tahini-miso tempeh and massaged coconut kale. It added some lovely smoothness to an otherwise chew-tastic dinner.
Cheers to a lovely Wednesday evening,
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed and baked (skins on)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp raw hazelnuts
- 4 dried apricots, sliced
- 1. Bake sweet potatoes on baking sheet for 30 minutes at 400F. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 2. Combine flax and water; stir to combine and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine potatoes, flax, and spices in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 4. Add hazelnuts and apricots; blend for 10 seconds until combined (nuts should remain relatively whole).
- Serve as a side dish or a filling main on its own!
- Adapted from the delicious Hu Kitchen [non-vegan] version.
Stay tuned for the upcoming 'Seven Spicy Days' for more creative ways to work spice into your life. Flavor, nutritional benefits, and healthy versions of unhealthy dishes coming soon...