A quick post today to share a super simple, super delicious lunch idea (or dinner! or side dish!) It takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and is really just so yummy.
Gather: some of your pre-cooked quinoa (you well-prepared home cook, you!), kale, coconut oil, garlic, and gomasio (learn about how to make your own here, or pick up from any health food store).
Are you ready for how quick this is? You could prepare this the night before, or even take a couple of minutes in the morning before work to prepare and pack this for lunch. Ready?
Lightly sauté your kale and garlic with oil. Toss with quinoa and gomasio.
Time investment: 5 minutes prepping the kale, 5 minutes cooking the kale. 30 seconds combining everything else. Done!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (add 15 minutes to cook time if you're preparing this specifically for this dish)
- 2 cups loosely packed kale, washed, destemmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp gomasio
- 1. Place a cast iron frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and heat until melted.
- 2. Add garlic, sautéing until fragrant and softened - about 1 minute.
- 3. Add kale. Stir to coat with oil and garlic. Saute for another minute until bright green and slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
- 4. Combine kale with quinoa. Sprinkle with gomasio. Serve.
- You may add a little extra melted coconut oil to the final dish if you like.