Sharing a quick post today with a simply delicious, warming curry recipe!
Conveniently, it's brought to you by the letter 'C': for cauliflower, curry spice, and chickpeas. There's also some cardamom and cloves in here, but who's looking that closely?
It takes about 15 minutes of active time, and another 20 minutes of cooking time (perfect for doing that first round of prep dishes, setting the table, doing some a couple of downward dogs in the kitchen, or getting your brain back in your head after a long day) -- this is a great weeknight meal and easy enough to prep in a batch for, say, large gatherings of people in the next few weeks.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 6 large leaves lacinato kale, stems removed and torn into strips
- 4 cups boiled water
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1. In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; sautee until tender (about 4 minutes).
- 2. Add cauliflower, continuing to stir until well combined. Cook another 4-5 minutes until cauliflower softens slightly.
- 3. Add spices; stir to coat everything thoroughly.
- 4. Slowly pour in hot water, then add chickpeas and kale.
- 5. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes more, until kale softens. Stir occasionally.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, and top with avocado if desired.